- Favorite Zone: North Downs. The different parts of the zone feel entirely different, from the normal plains you start on to the dead lands of Fornost to the sprawling orc camps of Dol Dinen. It is the battlefront zone, where the forces of Angmar meet the free peoples. It is literally the zone between Bree and Angmar, and you can see the enemy hordes starting to pour into the frontiers of civilized lands. It is the transition between shiny, green Bree and the enemy’s blackened lands, and the zone shares in the best of both.
- Favorite Race: Dwarf or Man. Out of four choices, these two are almost always the best. They notably have the best panic buttons (resistance, healing). Pick whichever is better suited to the class you want. I have ended up with more dwarves, so I will go with them.
- Favorite Class: Hunter. I spend a lot of time solo, and ranged DPS is good for that. I like the flexibility that the teleport skills provide. I have tried to get into other classes, even taking a Minstrel almost to the level cap before the cap was raised, but I have not put in the time to really try out the rest. In theory, I love the Captain, but mine is currently a mule.
- Favorite Feature: Fellowship skills. When you are in a group fighting against enemies that call for groups, you randomly get chances for everyone to call a color for damage or recovery. Coordinate well for bigger bonuses. Burglars can intentionally trigger these, so the rogue class is one of the most group-friendly.
- Favorite Skill: Guide to X. In a game with this much travel, being able to teleport around the map is invaluable.
- Favorite Instance: Carn Dum. I have yet to try the Moria ones, but Carn Dum is a fun (long) run with some interesting variety. I hope the tentacle fiend has been fully fixed.
- Favorite Book: Twelve. I cannot speak of the updates like “Month of the [Class]” and all the game updates, because I joined after that, but Book Twelve is the most fun to play through. It is entire group content, and it feels damn epic as you fight your way through the streets of the enemy city. I enjoy the fight to the gatehouse in Chapter Five, and there are three instances, all of which can be replayed via the Reflecting Pools. We are fighting for a to-be-reforged Ring of Power. Yes, this is Lord of the Rings.