Hey, like the Brontosaurus sometimes, but better late than never. WotLK info from Bliz, via WoW Insider :
- All 5-man dungeons will have a Heroic mode
- Heroic dungeons will have a separate loot table than non-Heroics
- A new token system will be used, similar to the Badge of Justice one used now (*)
- The 5-man instances are designed to not take more than an hour (*)
- All raid dungeons will have both 10-man and 25-man versions (*)
- The 10 and 25-man progressions will not depend on each other (*)
- There will be no attunements or keys necessary for any raid (*)
- The 25-man loot will be a tier higher than the 10-man loot
- The 10 and 25-man versions of the same raid will be on different timers so that each can be attempted on the same day by the same people (*)
I know a couple hundred people that will be happy.
(*): A lot of people (myself included) have been asking for something like this – or very, very similar – for two years now. This is Bliz, opening the cage of raiding and letting it out to play with everybody. Designing for the 1% was, and is, just bull. Grats on this one go to Irvine.
P.S.: Tempted to explain why each of those points is a very good thing, but I trust our readers don’t really need any explanation. Plus, people always tell me I type and talk too much.