Finding myself awake early, I decided to log in and finish a few quests. I was reminded that, while Warhammer may have been the most ready-for-release MMO I know of, it is still not possible to play for five minutes without hitting a bug. In about an hour:
- Attack animations do not always play. This consistently happens with my Engineer’s Hip Shot
- Monster movement animations do not always play. One of every two or three monsters will take two steps, appear to pause for a couple seconds, then teleport next to me.
- Morale abilities show themselves as ready when they are still on cooldown.
- Tome tactics have been disabled. Nothing in game mentions that, but Google knows all. This counts as not being able to go one second without seeing a bug, because the spot where you would put a tome tactic is still there, empty.
- Pet controls disappear on zoning. The pet still follows. Hope you are not exiting a scenario with it set to aggressive. The “dismiss pet” button is part of those controls. (Tip: you can right-click the “pet buff” icon under your name or summon a new one and dismiss it.)
- My career trainer keeps offering to re-sell me Steam Vent, even though I got it several levels ago. Since I already have it, there is no price and he will not sell it to me. It just sits there at the top of the training window.
- The mount icon grabs a meaningless “will expire in” time from who knows where (another constant bug reminder).
- Random “interrupt” messages after completing abilities, especially my Flak Jacket or using my mount.
- The Tome of Knowledge lists the wrong trophy reward for the “scavenge 1000 corpses” unlock. You can still get the right item from a librarian, but you must guess it on your own.
- When you get that trophy, it will not display because it says another trophy is already there, even if you have no other trophies equipped.
- The quartermaster in Sigmar’s Hammer says it is locked. I can still buy Apothecary ingredients from it. I cannot use them, so maybe those are locked.
Not today, but these reminded me:
- Pets in defensive mode will sometimes attack your target even if you do not. Sometimes this is just the annoyance of having the pet pull while I am casting, so I do not get to use all my ranged abilities, but other times it will just shoot something.
- Flying messes up scenario queues. If you arrive to an invitation, it will not work.
- Has this one been fixed yet? If a scenario ends while I am casting something, I have gotten continuous “interrupt” spam after zoning until I cast something else.
There are probably more, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.