A while back, I put together the following set of questions for MMO developers. But when was the last MMO release that might have interested you enough to ask them? Still, for reference, things I want to know if you want me to play your new MMO:
- What standard MMO elements are you using that will appeal to current MMO players?
- What changes are you making to the standard MMO formula that will draw players from their current games?
- What unique features will your game offer that are not available anywhere else?
- How can I customize my character, at creation and over time?
- What is your intended increment of gameplay? What can I do if I can log in for:
- 15 minutes?
- 2 hours?
- 10 hours?
- I have gained ten levels. How does my play experience differ other than going from “10 damage per attack against 50hp goblins” to “100 damage per attack against 500hp goblins”?
- I have been playing for six months and my friend wants to start playing. How soon can we play together without my creating an alt? How do your systems support this?
- I have been playing for six months. What goals am I pursuing? What am I doing that I could not do at the end of my first month?
- What will happen:
- in my first hour that will make me want to buy the game?
- in my first month that will make me want to subscribe?
- in my first year that will make me want to stay that long?/li>